Saturday, November 26, 2011

Movie Pick: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Star Trek: This has been a series that I have watched since it came out in
 re-runs in the early 70's. There I go dating myself again. Science Fiction has always been one of my favorite type of books, movies and TV shows since I was a child. I remember watching TV shows like "Lost in Space" and going to the local movie theater to see "Robinson Caruso on Mars". Star Trek has been one of my favorites for many years. Each time a new TV series comes out for Star Trek I am sceptical at first. The Next Generation series and Star Trek Enterprise are two that I was hesitant to watch. After a couple of episodes I was hooked. I watch them over and over again. I picked the Star Trek movie above because it combines the old series with the movie story line. Richardo Montalban did a fabulous job on the TV series playing the part of Khan. He does and equally wonderful job in the Star Trek movie. Captain Kirk is going through a mid-life crisis which is something I can relate to. There are a lot of layers to this movie. I am looking forward to seeing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment